Areas of expertise
- Mergers and acquisitions – negotiating sales and purchases of SME’s, business and asset sales.
- Share capital reorganisations, demergers, tax-driven issues, share repurchases/movement/dispersals, etc. often working for US or other overseas clients in respect of their UK subsidiaries or groups.
- Start-ups, company formation, company structures, directors’ responsibilities etc.
- Articles of association, venture capital investment and private equity investment, IP protection.
- Exit strategies, advising sellers (PLCs, SMEs) on best-fit sale options.
- Equity reorganisations and capital reductions. e.g. complex restructuring of share capital and share premium accounts and tax efficient movements of capital to shareholders.
- Employee share schemes. E.g. EMI, CSOP SIPS, employee benefit trusts, nil paid, growth and other bespoke schemes.
- Banking & finance, refinancing for restructures, securities, investments, buy-out loans.
- Taxation overview (EIS, Entrepreneur’s relief etc.).
- Corporate restructuring – selling off unwanted/non-core businesses, or seeking to turn debt to equity on the balance sheet.
- Advice on regulatory issues, including Information/Data Protection issues.
- AIM listings and transactions of all levels of complexity – advising through admission process and after, working closely with nomads and brokers throughout.
Some notable examples of the sort of transactions Moorcrofts has handled recently include:
- £13.6M sale of Grand Parade Ltd to William Hill (reported in The Times newspaper).
- £20M reorganisation of corporate venturing and property development Company.
- Global reorganisation of a successful recruitment group.
- £28M debt and equity investment into payday loan market leader Uncle Buck LLP.
- £7.4M multi-faceted deal for Noisy Drinks Company to leading drinks brand Vimto.
- Reorganisation of a UK business for a NZ Healthcare company.
- High Court (Companies Division) case to safeguard listed US client having identity cloned.
- Sale of a global accountancy and finance firm.
- Reorganisation of a UK debt for a Spanish Telecoms business.
- Metrobank refinancing for Crystal Windows and Doors Ltd.
- The sale of a company supplying war zone reporters’ safety equipment.
Contact Teri Hunter.