Please feel free to contact any of the lawyers involved in your matter at any time. If the person you require is unavailable, you may like to contact his or her secretary, who will be able to find an appropriate person to deal with your query.
If you have any queries or complaints about the way in which your work is being handled, please make these known to the lawyer responsible in the first instance, or if for any reason you want to take the matter further, you can contact the supervising lawyer or any of the firm’s partners.
- receipt of a complaint by the relevant partner or member of staff;
- notification to the relevant partner;
- if applicable, further contact with the client to confirm the nature of the complaint;
- investigation of the complaint;
- notifying the client in writing of the outcome of the investigation and the client’s right to appeal to the firm’s Chief Executive, Andrew Katz;
- conduct of an appeal and notification of outcome; and
- informing the client of their right to refer the matter to the Legal Ombudsman.
If you remain dissatisfied with the service provided by Moorcrofts, you may use the complaints procedure provided by the Legal Ombudsman, PO Box, 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ, details of which can be found at: www.legalombudsman.org.uk . Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint or within 6 years of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or you becoming aware of it). For further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at email@example.com .
Finally, should you have concerns about the behaviour of any solicitor, such as dishonesty or discrimination against you, you can contact the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
See https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/report-solicitor.page for further details about this