Legal Deal Support for Cloud Service Sales
Your UK legal support on cloud service transactions
Negotiating and concluding cloud service agreements brings many challenges. The contracting process needs to recognise and engage with customer requests within the context of an established service offering. Agreements need to account for regulatory requirements, including ever more important data protection rules. All of this happens within an often demanding sales cycle.
Moorcrofts provides tailored and responsive legal support through all stages of the cloud service transaction process: from NDA and tendering through drafting, negotiating and concluding complex cloud agreements. We provide direct legal support to sales and operational teams or work alongside in-house counsel as UK or overflow legal support. We act for UK and European SMEs and specialise in providing European deal support for US tech companies of all sizes, including after acquisition by the some of the largest tech companies in the world.
Delivering tailored legal support on cloud transactions
We tailor our service to each client’s requirements: from full integration into the sales pipeline to ad hoc advice on localisation or regulatory issues under English law. We pride ourselves on our technological understanding of our client’s services and products, which can be key to removing legal friction from the contracting process. We help successfully conclude many of our clients’ high value and strategic transactions and provide support on short notice to respond to deadlines and quarterly deal cycles. Our lawyers are authorised to advise on English and Welsh law, but we routinely support clients on European deals through an established network of European law firms.
Our expert team of lawyers can provide specialist legal advice on all aspects of cloud transactions.
- NDAs and other pre-contractual documentation
- Support with RFIs, RFPs, RFQs and other tender and proposal procedures
- Drafting template cloud agreements
- Localisation of standard terms for UK and EU laws and regulations
- Negotiation and response to redlines of standard service provider terms
- Negotiation and amendments to customer drafted agreements to meet service provider requirements
- Support to sales and operational teams, including providing training on key legal issues to reduce contracting friction
- Liaison with and reporting to in-house counsel
- On-premise deployment of cloud solutions
- Unique knowledge of open source and the licensing issues which can arise in a cloud context
- Developing contracting processes, including preparing and advising on negotiation playbooks
- Advice on UK and EU regulatory requirements
- Advice on data protection compliance and transborder dataflows
- Reseller and other sales channel agreements
- UK Government procurement frameworks, including G-cloud
Why choose Moorcrofts for cloud transactions support?
Members of our commercial and tech team routinely provide tailored legal support for cloud service providers dealing with UK and EU customers. With a wide array of clients, from listed companies and household names to fast growing start-ups, we have the expertise to advise on all manner of cloud service transactions. Here are just some of the reasons why so many businesses choose to work with us.
- Recommended by The Legal 500 and Chambers UK for our services.
- Experience of advising on all aspects of technology, intellectual property, commercial and data protection law.
- Far-reaching, specialist knowledge across a broad range of industry sectors.
- Proven track record in delivering flexible and innovative legal solutions.
- Solicitors with market acumen who understand the commercial and technological realities of business.
- Professional and responsive approach, tailored precisely to your needs.
- Total client focus, protecting your interests, minimising risk and maximising opportunities.
For an initial consultation please contact Tim Astley.