Menopause in the Workplace in 2023 – Why employers & HR teams need to take action
Menopause health in the workplace is predicted to be one of the hot HR topics for 2023 but up until very recently, this is a topic that simply wasn’t discussed in UK businesses.
With high-profile legal cases hitting the news and menopause health becoming a mainstream topic, now is the time for employers and HR professionals to give it the attention it deserves.
Our webinar on Thursday 23 February at 11:00AM – 12:00PM with Matt Jenkin, Employment Law partner at Moorcrofts and Dr Laila Kaikavoosi, Founder and Clinical Lead at Online Menopause Centre (OMC), will cover the essential aspects of menopause health in the workplace for employers and HR teams.
As well as covering the basics of menopause health, we’ll highlight the importance of building awareness at every level of an organisation and the measures you can put in place to support executives, managers and employees.
Areas we’ll cover include:
1. What is menopause and perimenopause and what are the common signs and symptoms? (Physical and Psychological)
2. How can it impact our colleagues and their work?
3. The latest position on employment law and menopause including the Employment Tribunal’s current approach on menopause symptoms and discrimination claims.
4. What are the business and financial reasons to introduce a Menopause Policy to your business?
5. How can executives, managers and colleagues support employees and colleagues in the workplace?
6. Building awareness of menopause health, the symptoms to look out for and introducing workplace interventions has never been more important.
To register your free place on the webinar and receive the Zoom login details, please complete the online booking form.
About Matt Jenkin
Matt has over 20 years’ experience as an employment lawyer. He regularly advises employers and senior executives across a broad range of employment law matters including drafting employment contracts, employment policies and procedures, day-to-day HR/employment law support, advising on business reorganisations, transfer of undertakings (TUPE), termination arrangements and settlement agreements and employment tribunal.
claims including complex multi-day discrimination claims. Matt also provides regular training to clients, talks at a number of events and writes for national HR and Employment publications on a broad range of employment law topics.
About Dr Laila Kaikavoosi
MBBS, MRCGP, DFSRH, ABAARM (GMC 4626325)
Laila is a leading expert in the field of menopause and has compassionately helped thousands of women to reach their optimal health and hormonal balance by offering them the most up to date, unbiased and individualised treatment options. Her years of experience and extensive post graduate training has given her a unique insight to the management of menopausal conditions.
In 2020 Laila founded the Online Menopause Centre (OMC), the UK’s first CQC registered online menopause clinic .