Moorcrofts LLP strengthen its rankings in Legal 500 UK
Corporate Law firm, Moorcrofts, has been named as one of the top tier law firms in the region by leading industry directory, The Legal 500 UK edition.
The directory annually provides a full, in-depth and comprehensive analysis of law firms across the UK, listing only the best performing in the industry. Moorcrofts feature prominently in the South-East category for Corporate and Commercial, Information Technology, Intellectual Property and Employment Law.
Highlights from the 2019 rankings include:
Moorcrofts Corporate and Commercial L500 ranking
Moorcofts has consolidated its position in Corporate and Commercial – ranked in Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx Region:
“Moorcrofts LLP’s corporate and commercial practice handles a full range of corporate work, including M&A, disposals, restructuring and management buy-outs. The team is well known for its expertise in the technology sector, providing advice on open source licensing, free software law and intellectual property. The practice is jointly headed by corporate lawyer Teri Hunter and Andrew Katz, who specialises in technology and commercial law.”
Corporate and Commercial Testimonials
- ‘They listen, communicate and understand your business before they act’.
- ‘They offer one-to-one communications with senior and junior partners’.
- ‘I have got instant feedback in respect of my queries’.
Moorcrofts IT and Telecoms L500 ranking
Moorcrofts has strengthened its position in IT and Telecoms moving up a tier – ranked in South East Region:
“Moorcrofts LLP has strong expertise in the field of data analytics, cloud computing and SaaS work. The practice provides commercial contracts advice to technology-sector companies, including software licensing services. Managing partner Andrew Katz leads the group and is distinguished by his work on free and open-source software issues and Tim Astley is another key partner who handles a range of technology transactions.”
IT and Telecoms Testimonials
- ‘The Moorcrofts team is very commercially aware and able to advise on best practice in the implementation of software agreements.’
- ‘They are able to balance the need for appropriate protections with the realities of the commercial world.’
- ‘They are an excellent mix of high profile partners and knowledgeable associates.’
Moorcrofts Intellectual Property L500 ranking
Moorcrofts has also improved its ranking in Intellectual Property – South East Region:
“A key focus for Moorcrofts LLP is open source software and open hardware matters where the firm fields the region’s premiere experts. As a result the firm has significant sector experience in the software industry, as well as scientific research entities. Practice head Andrew Katz is the key contact for open source and open hardware matters, alongside a more broad software licensing practice. The team has significantly expanded in the last year, with several recent additions at the associate level.”
Intellectual Property Testimonials
- ‘Moorcrofts are a very down to earth team where the lawyers are not afraid to roll up their sleeves and engage with their clients.’
- ‘Andrew Katz really knows his onions, and understands his subject at a practical and legal technical level.’
- ‘The firm has deep expertise in the field, and are committed, knowledgeable experts’
Moorcrofts Employment L500 rankings
Moorcrofts has consolidated its position in Employment – ranked in Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx Region:
“Moorcrofts LLP’s employment team specialises in post termination restrictions, TUPE and restructuring. Gig economy issues and data subject access requests are areas of growth for the team. Clients include HR professionals in varied industries, from start-ups to mid-range multinationals, as well as senior executives. Matt Jenkin heads the practice.”
- ‘They are very efficient and always respond immediately to any queries or concerns we have as a company.
- ”Very responsive with a thorough knowledge of employment law.’
- ‘They are very practical whilst being robust and analytical.’
- ‘I recommend Matt Jenkin – very approachable, great response time, easy to work with, very knowledgeable.’
Moorcrofts’ CEO and Head of Tech, Andrew Katz, who is recommended for specialising in ‘open source and open hardware matters, alongside a more-broad software licensing practice’, said:
“The Legal 500 directory is an independent guide to the best performing law firms in the UK. The positive recommendations we’ve received this year are a fantastic endorsement to our team’s expertise, the high calibre of clients we work with and the pride we take in providing excellent client service.”
Moorcrofts LLP is a boutique practice, based in Thames Valley and London, specialising in Corporate, Technology, Employment and Commercial Property Law.