OpenChain UK Work Group March 2023 Meeting
We’re delighted to announce the details for the next meeting of the OpenChain UK workgroup:
- Date: 28th March 2023
- Time: 13:00 – 17:00
- Venue: Both virtual and physical. You can select your preference on the booking form. The physical meeting will take place at the BBC, Quay House, MediaCity, Salford, M50 2QH..
To join virtually, please register as normal and login details will be sent to you prior to the meeting.
Thank you to David Buckhurst and Tom Sadler at the BBC who has been kind enough to offer us space for this meeting and taking us on a tour of the BBC Blue Room.
- 13:00pm – Open
- 13:00 – 13:45pm Welcome lunch
- 13:45 – Intro and welcome – Andrew
- 14:00 – News from Shane and around the world
- 14:25 – Update on the compliance case study project
- 14:50 – Update on the bite-size content project
- 15:00 – 3:15 Coffee break
- 15:15 – 4:00 Blue Room
- 16:00 – Content recording session
- 17:00 – Close
- 18:00 – Drinks and a meal somewhere local
OpenChain ISO/IEC 5230:2020 is a project of the Linux Foundation which brings established governance principles to the software supply chain. It adopts best-practice from other compliance areas and maps them to software procurement, giving businesses a clear path to minimising infringement risk in procuring, developing and deploying software, with particular emphasis on use and re-use of free and open source software (“FOSS”) components. The result is that open source licence compliance becomes more predictable, understandable and efficient for all participants in the software supply chain.
Join the OpenChain UK Work Group
To join the OpenChain UK Work Group visit: https://lists.openchainproject.org/g/uk-wg and subscribe to the list to receive future details about the bi-monthly meetings and to sync and share information across all aspects of open source compliance. More information about the group can be found on its draft terms of reference document: https://lists.openchainproject.org/g/uk-wg/files.
The meeting is free of charge, and is open to anyone (whether in the UK or otherwise) interested in finding out more about why companies of all sizes are embracing OpenChain. To register your place, please complete the Eventbrite booking form.