Emloyment Law Update: Is your business up to speed? | 16 October 2019
Employment law is constantly changing and keeping up with those changes can be a constant challenge for businesses. Whether it’s getting ready for the changes implementing the Government’s Good Work plan, understanding the very latest on how employers should be recording working time or assessing how your business may be affected by the gig economy cases, it can be a challenge to keep up.
To help employers make sure that they are up to speed on the very latest employment law developments and how they impact on their business, the Employment Team at Moorcrofts is hosting a free seminar where you can hear the Employment Team provide practicable and accessible advice in the following areas:
Forthcoming changes to Employment Law
Looking at what we know is new or changing in employment law, including:
- the Government’s Good Work Plan
- extending redundancy protection for pregnant women
- the possible return of employment tribunal fees and
- forthcoming changes to IR35
- latest proposals to strengthen protection from sexual harassment in the workplace
Important cases businesses need to know about
Highlighting some key recent cases, such as:
- the very latest on post-termination restrictions
- the recording of working time
- maternity pay/shared parental pay discrimination
- whistleblowing detriment claims and
- the very latest on the gig economy cases.
We will also highlight key cases to watch out for in 2020 including the Morrisons data breach case and the latest on the Asda equal pay cases.
We have a superb venue for our delegates to enjoy with the event taking place at the historic Bisham Abbey, former home of Elizabeth I and Henry VIII and situated within the National Sports Centre at Bisham. Free car parking for all delegates is included.
Wednesday 16 October
Coffee and registration at 09:00. Event begins 9.30 and finishes by 11.30.
Bisham Abbey National Sports Centre
Bisham, Marlow, SL7 1RR
FREE (Free Parking for delegates is included)
If you (and/or an appropriate colleague) would like to attend, please register here.