Expert legal advice for technology businesses.
Technology has shaped and continues to shape our society and the way we do business like nothing else. At the same time, the regulation and legislation that surrounds it continues to evolve at a rapid rate. While a specialist subject in its own right, technology law overlaps with almost every other area of commercial law.
Legal advice for the technology sector.
Whether you are a technology business, a business reliant on technology or that provides services to other businesses or organisations, Moorcroft LLP’s experienced team of lawyers are able to draw on the breadth and depth of knowledge and experience available. This enables to provide pragmatic and creative legal solutions on a vast array of issues, including:
- Software licences and SaaS agreements
- Software and services distribution agreements
- Open source licensing
- Software development agreements
- Software transfer/assignment
- OEM and VAR agreements
- Turn-key agreements
- Lease and finance agreements
- IPR protection
- Software development, licensing, distribution and copyright
- Hardware development and sale agreements
- Website development, hosting and audits
- OEM and VAR agreements
- UK and European competition law
- Data protection and data security, including GDPR
- Online regulations compliance
- Licensing and intellectual property protection
- Hosting agreements (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS)
- Public sector technology tenders including GCloud
- Service level and cloud service agreements
- Security and Internet and email use policies
- US data import/export, including developments around Privacy Shield
- Multi-tier processor and cloud arrangements, including complex arrangements for data processing
Why choose Moorcrofts for technology legal support?
Our technology law team regularly acts for licensors, licensees, buyers, sellers and investors across a broad range of markets and industry sectors. With a wide array of clients, from PLCs and household names to sole traders and partnerships, we have the expertise to advise on all manner of commercial transactions. Here are just some of the reasons why businesses choose to work with us.
- Recommended by The Legal 500 and Chambers UK for our services.
- Certified experience of advising on all aspects of technology law.
- Specialist knowledge across a broad range of technology sectors including free and open source software.
- Proven track record in delivering flexible and innovative legal solutions.
- Solicitors with market acumen who understand the commercial realities of business.
- Professional and responsive approach, tailored precisely to your needs.
- Total client focus, protecting their interests, minimising risk and maximising opportunities.