About Peter Woolley
Peter is an experienced corporate transactional lawyer, and he regularly advises on high value and complex transactions, including sales, acquisitions, management buyouts and investments.
Peter’s areas of experience include mergers and acquisitions, MBOs / MBIs / BIMBOs, group reorganisations and restructurings, joint ventures, start-up capital and secondary fundraisings, venture capital and private equity investments, alternative investment market, employee benefits and share option schemes.
Peter’s clients range from owner-managed businesses to major institutional investors, and he has considerable experience of advising on cross-border transactions, including US companies acquiring UK companies and businesses; and US investors investing in UK companies and businesses .
Peter is recognised as a leading corporate lawyer in the Chambers UK guide to the legal profession, where published commendations to him from client sources have included the following:
- ‘Throughout my entire dealings with him he’s come across as someone I can have 100% complete trust and faith in, and he’s a lovely guy to deal with. He’s diligent, trustworthy and generally demonstrates outstanding competence.’ – Chambers UK, 2018 edition.
- ‘He gives his opinions in simple layman’s language.’ – Chambers UK, 2016 edition
- ‘He seemed very quick to understand the situation and he was very quick to deal with issues that arose and explain them to us’ – Chambers UK, 2015 edition.
Recent Work of Note:
- Advised the vendor shareholders of Mintec Limited, the leading provider of global pricing data and intelligence for non-traded food ingredients, on the sale of the company as part of a management buy-out which was supported by Synova Capital.
- Advised Extrinsica Global Limited on its group restructuring which included a sequence of three capital reductions (including the capital reduction demerger of the Certain Six trade and assets) and subsequent investment in both Extrinsica Global Holdings Limited and Certain Six Limited.
- Acted for the shareholders of Curo Consulting Limited on the sale of the company to Envision Pharma Group.
- Advised JSB Group Limited on the sale of its in-house training business to FTI Consulting LLP.
- Advised Brook Henderson Group Limited on its group restructuring which culminated in the capital reduction demerger of BHG from Asteral Limited. Asteral is the UK’s leading vendor-independent provider of medical equipment solutions to the acute healthcare industry.
- Advised the shareholders of Stontronics Limited on the £6.5m sale of the company to AIM-listed company Stadium Group Plc.
- Acted for the shareholders of Langley Engineering Limited on the company’s acquisition by Jointing Technologies Acquisitions Limited.
- Acted for Higgs & Co (Holdings) Limited on the restructuring and subsequent acquisition of Higgs & Co (Printers) Limited (trading as Higgs Group).
- Advised Nexuss Limited on its joint venture with Jones Lang Lasalle Limited.
- Acted for the shareholder on the sale of GTK (UK) Limited under a buyout funded by YFM Equity Partners.
- Acted for the shareholders on the sale of the entire issued share capital of FE Mobile Limited to Temenos UK Limited (being a UK subsidiary of Swiss listed company Temenos Group AG).
Trained with Shoosmiths LLP. After qualification worked as a solicitor at Lee Crowder (now DWF) from October 1999 to November 2002 before moving to Freeths LLP (December 2002 to April 2005), Associate, Field Seymour Parkes LLP (June 2005 to February 2008), Associate, Blandy & Blandy LLP (March 2008 to June 2016). Peter joined Moorcrofts LLP in 2016 as a Partner.
B.A. History and Post-graduate Diploma in Law
University of Exeter (1995)
Legal Practice Course
Nottingham Law School (1996)
Family, badminton, tennis, cycling, skiing, photography, travel.