A highly successful boutique corporate and technology law firm in the Thames Valley is looking for an experienced Practice Manager to oversee all administration and compliance functions. Excellent benefits package available.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a thriving and well respected corporate and technology law firm that continues to grow and expand its impressive client base and reputation. As Practice Manager you will be leading the administration team supporting our lawyers. You will ensure compliance with the various rules and regulations the firm is subject to, whilst taking overall responsibility for premises, risk management, suppliers, training and recruitment. Support on these areas can be available as required on a consultancy basis from our recently retired and very experienced ex- Practice Director.
About the firm
Moorcrofts, based in Marlow Buckinghamshire, with a serviced office in London, is a boutique law firm for entrepreneurs and small and large businesses, focussed on the tech, life-science and knowledge sectors. We specialize in corporate law, technology law, employment law and commercial property. Total headcount is 35, including 22 lawyers. We do City-style work in a fantastic location within easy distance from London, and our client base includes Global 500 companies including some of the largest technology and healthcare companies in the world.
Overall responsibility for
Ensuring a smooth flow of work within the administration team through close supervision:
- Supporting the firm’s partners and lawyers to ensure the best possible service is provided to clients
- HR duties including recruitment, benefits, staff induction, training and maintaining staff handbook
- Data Protection, Anti-Money Laundering and SRA regulation compliance including policy and procedure documentation and risk management
- Leading the IT support team, prioritising tasks and projects
- Negotiation and relationship management with the firms’ suppliers and sub-contractors
- Premises management, repairs, security and health & safety
- Ad-hoc management responsibilities such as PI renewal, assistance with marketing and business development opportunities, staff socials and event co-ordination
This role would be ideal for you, if you meet the criteria below
|Minimum Entry Qualifications||
Thames House, Mere Park, Dedmere Road, Marlow, Bucks, SL7 1PB. An opportunity to work in a lovely market town based on the River Thames situated between Windsor and Henley.
- Above local market rate salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Medical Insurance scheme
- Life Insurance
- 5 weeks holiday
- Company mobile phone